Skin is not only a sense organ of human beings but it also forms the periphery of the body. There are several categories of skin which varies from person to person. Of them oily skin is one. Oily skin is caused mainly due to enhanced levels of sebum secretion thereby giving it a greasy shine. Oily skin often attracts dirt and dust of the surroundings. It is a result of heredity or hormonal levels. It is mainly predominant in young teenagers but sometimes it may even occur till adult age. The reason behind the less occurrence of oily skin in the adults is that the secretion of sebum gradually decreases with increase in age. The very prevalent side effect of oily skin is the formation of black heads near the nose area of women.
To avoid oily skin the first step should be to keep it clean in order to avoid contamination of skin disease causing bacteria. To check the secretion of sebum one must unclog the pores by ex foliation. It is recommended to use warm water to clean face to avoid excessive skin oiliness. One can use anti bacterial lotions to keep the skin germ free. But sometimes over consciousness may lead to dehydration of skin which is further contrary to the act as skins will automatically secret more oil to compensate for the loss caused.
Caring tips for oily skin:
- Use of white or pink clay masks can eliminate excess oil out of the skin. The darker brown clay masks are more efficient in the removal of excess oil out of the skin. Thus one must apply clarifying face mask at least couple of times a week in order to get good results.
- One can stick to use of herbal products to treat oily skin problems. There are certain aromatherapy oils like lemon, rosemary, cedar wood which are considered to be very effective on oily skin.
- Often dermatologists prescribe certain topical vitamin derivatives with ingredients like tretinoin and isotretinoin to treat sensitive oily skin problems.
- A product comes in the market by the name of Benzoyl peroxide which is considered to be effective in the oily skin treatment as it causes pores to unplug thereby causing reduction of bacteria.
- Certain creams and lotions like erythromycin and clindamycin are also helpful in cases of blemished oily skin.
- There are certain skin lotions whose major ingredient is Alpha hydroxyl acids can treat oily skin and at the same time makes the skin smooth and soft.
- Many often follow certain home remedial measures in order to treat oily skin which mainly constitutes use of fruit acids as it has no other side effect and at the same time keeps the skin smooth and soft. Some of the home remedies include, tomato puree, face mask of tomato, lemon and oats etc.
- Sometimes the diet is a cause for oily skin and hence it is mandatory to take diet rich in vitamins, proteins and leafy vegetables.
- In addition to all this some may use certain cosmetic products like oil-free moisturizers which can tackle oily skin effectively.